Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Pig Dissection Relate and Review

  This week we dissected fetal pigs in a span of 2 days. The purpose of this dissection was to explore the different organ systems in the pig and to relate them to our own human bodily functions. This dissection was a hands-on experience and really helped me understand what we discussed in the vodcasts of this unit more clearly. My favorite part of the dissection was finding the thyroid because, for me, the endocrine system is a really fascinating subject that I'd like to learn more about. It was fun doing a video tutorial because I felt like I got a deeper understanding of the organ systems I was speaking about. I think this dissection was a valuable experience and I was able to see what goes on inside of myself and other mammals.

Here you can check out our pig dissection video tutorial:

                                                                          Part 1:

                                         

Part 2:
Part 2:



No comments:

Post a Comment